Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from ThibmoRozier

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 thibmorozier

thibmorozier

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:01 PM

Hello all,

My forum name is ThibmoRozier, I actually use this in a lot..

I noticed that a sticky was made concerning this, so here you go.  :lol:

The first part is Thibmo, this started as a typo of my real name about 5 years ago, when signing up to a website for some game I used to play.

Then the second part, Rozier, this is a name that I chose together with a very close friend, it seems to be the name of a well-known person as well, but that's not me.  :P

Then a little bit about myself,

My actual name is Thimo.

I was born on may 1993, this makes me 21 at the time I post this topic.

In my youth I always enjoyed technology and therefor my dad was the second person in the village I live to have bought a IBM computer with MS DOS, I was an epicly happy kid. :P

Around the age of 14 I started to develop interests in the knowledge concerning computers, operating systems and software, I learned to write websites and basic JavaScript through the power of Google.

At the age of 16 I developed a deeper interest, leading to learning myself to write apps in C#, VB.net, Java and LUA.

I also started a website where I put the open source freeware that I created, currently that's radiation measuring to use with serial interfaces to DIY counter kits and a little app to change the OEMInformation registry tree to your wishes.

Only at the age of 20 I actually started my studies in data communication, before that I did a basic electronics school and stage technology(Sound and light engineering.) 

Currently I am studying at a Cisco academy, where I also learn how to create custom kernels for Linux and some stuff in C#, like socket programming and calculation scripts, next to that I also get the advanced classes in Linux(Debian, Red Hat and Ubuntu), data/network security and Windows(XP, 7, 8(.1), server 2008 and server 2012(R2)).

Yet one thing they forgot to give lessons in.....

To the sadness of only me, within the entire year..

And that is the subject "How to clean a PC that is infected with garbage like PUP's, Trojans, Root kits, Junkware, Adware and such.

Something I need knowledge off to be successful in my internship of 20 weeks.

So I asked a college and he referred me to Bleeping Computer to get tools that will clean most of the trouble from the systems.

So I used a few tools on quite some systems, which improved their stability and speed significantly.

The tools that I most commonly use are AdwCleaner, RKill and JRT.
Yet at times I notice that even after that there is some stuff left behind, in this case I run RKill another time, to then run TDSSKiller, followed by ComboFix (Unless it's Win 8.1 :P), if that didn't help, a good old Kaspersky rescue disk and if that failed, a backup of the data followed by a fresh OS. 

That's most about me, for now.

Might there be any questions you'd like me to answer, please do so.

Kind regards,

Thimo.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users