Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to uninstall old HP printer driver to install HP F380 driver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ruthe

Ruthe

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:54 PM

my 85 year old mother in law lives in another state and I have been trying to help her with her computer and printer.   There are 4 hp files that she can't delete.  she has tried deleting them one at a time and restarting the computer between each time.  Is there an HP program that will delete them for  her?  She is still using windows XP.  Her 10 year old printer finally died and a friend gave her this printer.  I went on line and downloaded the driver for the F380 and sent it to her on a disk.  I posted on the HP community forums 3 times and they didn't get it.  They kept telling me to delete each one separately etc.  Just as she has been trying to do.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,588 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

After uninstalling the driver in Add/Remove Programs delete the HP driver files by going to Printer and Faxes. In the menu bar select Server Properties. Under the drive tab, remove anything HP related.

Edit: this needs to be done in an admin account.

clip_image004_2.jpg

XPprinterservers.PNG?__SQUARESPACE_CACHE

Edited by JohnC_21, 12 December 2014 - 04:07 PM.

#3 Ruthe

Ruthe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:31 PM

She is supposed to be coming next wk for a couple days.  I told her to bring her computer.  Thank you so much for this reply.  It's the first time anyone has told me anything like this.  I'll try it when she gets here.  I'll post back after that. 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,588 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:40 PM

If what I posted still does not solve the problem you can use the HP scrubber utility and select Uninstaller level 2  1 which is suppose to remove drivers.

Edit: My mistake it should be level 1

Edited by JohnC_21, 12 December 2014 - 06:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users