Hello and welcome to BC.
The main problem
think there's a problem here but can't figure out what...
is that you are running an unpatched version of XP. Before attempting to remove malware, it is CRITICAL that you update to Service Pack 1a, so that we are both not wasting our time. An unpatched Windows XP will get re-infected in minutes on the net, and we will never finish. You can get SP1a here : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...p1/default.mspx You should also get SP2, but NOT NOW but only when your system is clean of malware. Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) has terrific security features, and we highly recommend everyone install it, however it should not be installed until your system is free from malware. Installing SP2 with malware present can cause many compatibility problems, or even prevent your computer from restarting. Second problem
is that you don't seem to have any antivirus. It's suicidal to be on the internet without any antivirus protection.
of these free anti-virus programs RIGHT NOW
, update it and run a full scan. Have it fix anything it finds. Make sure that you install only ONE
of them. Having more than one will not make it more secure, but make it more vulnerable.
Grisoft AVG from here : http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1
AntiVir Free from here : http://www.free-av.com/
Avast Home Edition from here : http://www.avast.com/eng/down_home.htmlAFTER
updating your machine to SP1a
, proceed with the following instructions:
Disable realtime scanners so that they will not interfere with the following fix:tea timer
1) Run Spybot-S&D
2) Go to the Mode menu, and make sure "Advanced Mode" is selected
3) On the left hand side, choose Tools -> Resident
4) Uncheck "Resident TeaTimer" and OK any prompts
5) Restart your computer.Microsoft antispyware
- Open Microsoft AntiSpyware.
- Click on Tools, Settings.
- In the left pane, click on Real-time Protection.
- Under Startup Options uncheck Enable the Microsoft AntiSpyware Security Agents on startup (recommended).
- Under Real-time spyware threat protection uncheck Enable real-time spyware threat protection (recommended).
- After you uncheck these, click on the Save button and close Microsoft AntiSpyware.
- Right click on the Microsoft AntiSpyware icon on the taskbar and select Shutdown Microsoft AntiSpyware.
From within Ewido -
Under 'Your security status', if the real time protection is active, deactivate it by clicking 'real time protection' until the status says 'inactive'.
Please download FixWareout by LonnyRJones
from one of these sites and save it to your desktop
- Run Fixwareout.
- Click Next,
- then Install,
- make sure Run fixit is checked
- and click Finish.
- The fix will begin; follow the prompts.
- You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so.
- Your system may take longer than usual to load; this is normal.
When you run fixwareout , simply follow the prompts, you will need to restart when prompted.
Once back in Windows, close all web browsers.
- Go into Control Panel>Network Connections.
- Right click on your connection
- and click Properties.
- On the Properties page, highlight Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)
- Click Properties. This will bring up another page.
- Select Obtain DNS Server Automatically.
- Click the ok button. The page will close.
- Press ok on the page in front of you.
- Restart the computer.
- Start the Internet and IE.
- Open this file c:\fixwareout\report.txt and post the contents of it and a new HijackThis log please.