Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Iphones Be Reactivated?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:02 AM

My wife and I recently upgraded our Iphones and wondered if we gave to them to my daughter and son-in-law if they'd be able to reactivate them. I do know that it'll have to be with the same provider we had.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

Certainly should be able to, you may have to get a new sim (depending on the service provider). You might need the MEID and the Device ID to reactivate them. You can find that info with the phone on under Settings > About.

The phone may only work with a specific service provider so if your daughter and son-in-law have a different provider, I would call the each of the providers.

Edited by zingo156, 12 December 2014 - 11:37 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 systemsol

systemsol

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

If you were using Verizon the phone is "unlocked" meaning you can use it on another carrier. Most AT&T,Sprint and other carriers are locked but some of them can be "flash unlocked" to use on Page Plus and other mid-level carriers. You can re-activate the phone on the carrier it was assigned to without any problems.

#4 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

Thank you for the  responses and answers. We are with Verizen so all shoupld be well.

#5 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:00 PM

I reuse iphones nearly daily here at work all on Verizon, when they get broken I transfer the user to a new phone, repair the old one and reuse... it is very simple to activate most of the time, some times (rarely) there is a glitch and you may have to call to activate. You will need both the MEID and the Device ID but it all can be done simply on their website.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users