Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with turning on the computer, doesn't matter which operating system

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cybbermouse

Cybbermouse

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:11 AM

Hello everybody. What's a nice day, I'm glad to see you etc...

Yesterday evening : my main browser (Comodo Dragon) coudn't catch the connection to Internet in spite of the fact my laptop 'said' it was connected. I tried Internet Explorer - and there wasn't any problem.
But after using, Internet Explorer jammed so hard that I had to turn off my laptop and turn on again. After 15-30 minutes the same situation. So I turned off and turned on - and the same again. But there was a catch : I coudn't turn on it after turning off.

While I was trying to turn on it system told me about problems with Windows (and maybe with volumes). So i turned off and turned on again. There was a grey screen. And no way to reach the Windows. I took my battery of the laptop, waited 2 minutes and tried to run my laptop. Grey screen. I went to bed.

Today the same situation. So I tried with Linux (pendrive) but Linux Mint had also some problems, so the problem isn't only in Windows I guess. I took of the pendrive with Linux and turn on the computer again : grey screen. So I did what I was able to do. Because I'm a woman I started to click all the keys on keybord. Nothing special. So I retried and Windows ran.

Now Comodo Dragon is working despite not working yesterday. 

I don't know why did it happen. Something like DDoS or breaking into the computer (I thought like that because of overloaded browsers)? I checked ip from which was the last logging in and It was mine. Where's the problem? I don't want to ignore it because any problem with a computer means it's something wrong.

Windows 8.1/Linux Mint
New Laptop, new operating system (I bought it about 2 months ago)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:35 PM

Alright can you describe the grey screen are there words, errors , your mouse cursor on the screen or is it just a plain Grey screen. I don't think this is a ddos attack if it was you should call you local authorities as it is illegal. Now try to run malwarebytes antimalware and it should pop up with a screen saying if you want to start a trial for 14 days if you don't want to just select no (gives you the exact same scanning ability) and then update your database and run a threat scan tell me what it finds and after that run a full scan with your antivirus and tell me what it finds.

Edited by awesomecooldude101, 27 December 2014 - 05:35 PM.

they call me te java mayster

#3 Cybbermouse

Cybbermouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:56 PM

Actually the problem has been already solved.

#4 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:15 AM

OK never mind lol

they call me te java mayster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users