Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Access only works in safe mode?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lukeyslife

Lukeyslife

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:41 AM

Hi everyone,

So recently I had to purchase a external USB ethernet adapter because my onboard LAN had broken, so I received it and it worked fine at first I had to clear the winsock and reboot and then it worked ok.

However now everytime I boot into Windows 7 normally, I just get "unidentified network" and it is set to public, where as on safe mode it is set to my normal home network.

I'm not sure what is happening exactly, it would be nice to retain the internet for my normal OS.

Many Thanks,

Luke

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CascaLonginus

CascaLonginus

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:18 PM

I'm no expert, but the first thing I do when something like that happens is I run rkill.

You can download rkill here at bleeping:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/

rkill will terminate any known malware processes, and removes incorrect executable associations and fixes  certain policies.

If after you run rkill the problem is fixed (do not restart computer) then you most likely have malware, and need to start your scans, (Anti-virus, malwarebytes)

or you can go to the virus, trojan, spyware, and malware removal logs forum for help to remove the malware you have.

This is always my start point when something doesn't work unless in safe mode.

Just a suggestion.

Good luck.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

Open Am I Infected topic,  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559505/norton-blocking-tosearchbiz-trojan/

Please complete that topic before opening any topics in other forums.