Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After downloading SPYHUNTER4 cannot boot into OS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Archangelmaniac

Archangelmaniac

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:42 AM

Hello and Good Day from Archangelmaniac.
I am using an Acer5315 Laptop with Windows Vista Home Basic. I have two PC Care Suites installed,Advanced System Care 8 and Advanced System Optimizer 3. I use them both and with no problems. I was at Spyhunter4.com and it was being sold for $39.99. After leaving the page it offered it for $10.00.I bought it.I registered it with an email address and password.Upon restart a lot of Spyhunter4 stuff appeared whilst booting and then it went to a BLUE SCREEN and stopped. I have used start up repair and all available options, it says it cannot repair it and the problem is Start up Repair V2.I have used all F8 options and they all return to the Blue Screen.It only lasts a second and shuts down. I cannot boot up the computer. Any help I can receive is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:42 AM

You are not alone in your misery. Try this link:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519641/i-cant-uninstall-spyhunter-no-matter-what/

Try to boot into Safe Mode, hopefully this PUP will not boot (but don't count on it). If no joy, you need to go to the malware forum here and post in. Or....perhaps a mod can move this thread for you.

Another possibility is to use a virtual utility like Reatogo to access your hard drive and remove the files mentioned in the Bleeping Computer link above and try to reboot. If you need more information on this post back.

As long as your compute is crashing it is obvious Spyware Hunter has damaged the operating system itself, and you may (not for sure) have to reinstall Vista if there are system files damaged by this junkware. I assume you have not been making image backups of your system?

More general info:

https://www.google.lk/search?q=uninstall+Spyhunter&espv=210&es_sm=122&gbv=1&sei=re6KVNT_EtW1yASC9IL4Dw

Edited by ranchhand_, 12 December 2014 - 08:58 AM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:20 AM

Forgot to mention...Advanced System Optimizer is a comprehensive optimization suite by Systweak (the creators of Advanced System Protector, RegClean Pro and other junkware) that purports to improve performance, make repairs and enhance the speed of a computer. It includes a registry cleaner, registry optimizer, disk optimizer and several other features.

Advanced SystemCare is an optimization suite and registry cleaner by IObit that purports to improve performance, make repairs and tune up a computer.

Advanced SystemCare Free...Why waste money on expensive "registry cleaners" to fix your PC when Advanced SystemCare Free will repair, tune, and maintain it for you – for free

The optimization and performance improvement claims made by such software vendors are borderline scams. There is no statistical evidence to back such claims. Advertisements to do so are a marketing ploy intended to goad users into using an unnecessary and potential dangerous product. I would not trust any results the program detects as problematic or needing repair nor recommend using the options to fix them.

Further, these types of junk optimization programs are often considered Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) so they may be detected or even removed by some security scanners which specifically look for PUPs and adware.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons.
Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

Be sure to read Microsoft's support policy for the use of registry cleaning utilities in that topic...Microsoft does not support the use of registry cleaners.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users