Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bullets won't outdent

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 godzilla1347

godzilla1347

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:44 AM

I feel like the Rodney Dangerfield of bulleted lists. The bullets are showing me no respect and seem to have a mind of their own.  I'm using Word 2007 and have made a list using the solid round bullet at the outside margin and the round hollow bullet indented to the next default setting.  I've been creating this list and now, all of a sudden, I can't outdent the hollow round bullet to the left by using the decrease indent tool on the Home menu. I'm trying to go back to the original margin on the next line using a black solid round bullet but it keeps the indented setting with the hollow bullet. If I change it to black and then try to decrease the indent, the only thing that happens is that it changes back to hollow.

Edited by godzilla1347, 12 December 2014 - 03:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:08 AM

Highlight the line, open the Paragraph dialog box and change the Left indentation value to suit.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:18 AM

Thanks. I noticed that I can move the margin guides as well to move the bullets and following text. For some reason the increase and decrease indent tools seem to have lost their default settings and scatter the bullets and lines to different places. However, I can this with the paragraph diologue box or the margin arrows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users