Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Google Chrome Processes Running

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Starfires

Starfires

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

Hi, I am new to the forum but came here because I have seen another thread that looked similar to my problem.  I don't have Google chrome installed, but I see multiple processes running (named gtgpalgcum.exe *32) with Google Chrome as the description.  I believe my computer is infected with some kind of malware.  Can anyone help me with this issue? 

Stan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer,

Please do the following:

Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/81/ (for 32bit systems)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/82/ (for 64bit systems)

Note: Wait for the direct download to begin, do not click on anything else on the page.

save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Double-click to run it.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press the Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.

Please attach that log to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes a second log (Addition.txt).
Please attach that to your reply as well

NEXT

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) from the following link and save it to your desktop.

http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbar

**Next, exit Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ( MBAM ) if it is running. You can do so via the notification area icon near the clock. Right click on the mbam icon, and select Exit.**

Next...Double click on the MBAR file you downloaded.
Approve the UAC prompt in Vista and newer operating systems.
Click OK on the next screen, to allow the package to extract the contents of the file to it's own folder, mbar.
By default, this will be on your desktop, though you can choose another location if you wish. We advise using the default location for simplicity.
mbar.exe will launch automatically. On some systems, this may take a few extra seconds. Please be patient and wait for the program to open.
After reading the Introduction, click 'Next' if you agree.
On the Update Database screen, click on the 'Update' button.
Once you see 'Success: Database was successfully updated' click on 'Next'.
Click the 'Scan' button.

A.With some infections, you may see two messages boxes.
1.'Could not load protection driver'. Click 'OK'.
2.'Could not load DDA driver'. Click 'Yes' to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart. Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions.

If malware is found, do NOT press the Cleanup button when the scan completes. Click EXIT.
Then, please send the following logs as attachments to your reply. These logs are located in the mbar folder on your desktop where the tool extracted itself to.

mbar-log-2014-xx-xx(xx-xx-xx).txt (where xx-xx(xx-xx-xx) is the date and time of the scan)
system-log.txt

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

#3 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:42 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users