Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

audio and video not in sync

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vacuum tube

vacuum tube

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

dell inspiron 1000 xp ,google browser . when i play the news or  movies the video is clear but choppy [stop/start] audio is clear but not in sync. are there any adjustments ? thank you

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 14 December 2014 - 05:50 PM.
Moved to Web browsing etc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,977 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:26 PM

Stop / start video sounds like you do not have enough bandwidth on your internet connection to receive video without it spooling in between bits. Video, depending on the source, transmits between 24 and 30 frames per second. If you only have enough bandwidth to download say 20 frames per second, you get a pause while it downloads say 200 frames. It then plays - roughly - 8 seconds worth of video, and then pauses again to catch up on the next 200 frames.

It might be well worth your while running a 'Speedtest' on your internet connection. Speedtest is a free web-site here -

http://www.speedtest.net/

For a one-off test you don't even have to log-in. If you wish to keep a record of your tests over time then you do need to create an account, which is also free. Just go to the web-site, wait it for to load, then click on the large button 'Start test'.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 vacuum tube

vacuum tube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:04 PM

download 18.93/upload 5.41. i should add that i had no issues playing movies when i had IE . is firefox better than google

#4 vacuum tube

vacuum tube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:05 AM

i should have said like slow motion rather than stop start....choppy

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,977 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

I wish I had a connection like yours !  Download performance is not the cause of your problems. Google Chrome v Firefox ?  A matter of taste.

What I am going to do is move this topic to the 'Web browsing etc.' section of BC to see if anybody there can come up with an answer.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 vacuum tube

vacuum tube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

using the search menu i tried unchecking the "use accelerator hardware when available " in google settings. this helped when playing short movies. not cured but improved 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users