First, do you have any Antivirus program installed (like AVG / avast / McAfee/ etc.) Are you able to run these programs for me please
Now - Download Screen317 Security Check from Here or Here and save it to your Desktop
- Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
- Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
- Please Copy and Paste the contents of that document.
Note :: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it access
Next - Please download MiniToolBox to desktop to run it.
Checkmark the following boxes:
- List content of Hosts
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)Please download MiniToolBox to desktop to run it.
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes
Please Copy and Paste the small log back here.
Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
- Download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the Scan button (only once)
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Report button only once for accuracy.
- A report (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for your review.
- Check the listed removals and see if you are OK with them.
- If you have questions, post the Report log back here.
- Click on the Clean button only once for accuracy
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK finally to allow AdwCleaner to Restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- After rebooting, a log report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
- **Copy and Paste the contents of that log in your next reply.**
- To restore an item that has been deleted by accident : Open the program again,
- Go to Tools (top left) > Quarantine Manager > check what you want restored > now click on Restore.
Note: With most Adware / Junkware / PUPs it is strongly recommended to deal with it like a legitimate program and uninstall from Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. In many cases, using the uninstaller of the adware not only removes the adware more effectively, but it also restores any changed configuration. After uninstallation, then you can run specialized tools like AdwCleaner and JRT to fix any remaining entries they may find.
Next - Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Follow the simple directions to install the program to desktop
- Right click and choose "Run as administrator" to open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and from the Dashboard please Check for Updates by clicking the Update Now... link
- Open up Malwarebytes > Settings > Detection and Protection > Enable Scan for rootkit and Under Non Malware Protection set both PUP and PUM to Treat detections as malware.
- Click on the SCAN button and run a Threat Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking the Scan Now>> button.
- If you find malware and tick it to remove it, you may be asked th re-boot the computer to finish cleaning.
- Once completed please click on the History > Application Logs and find your scan log and open it and then click on the "copy to clipboard" button and post back the results on your next reply.
Edited by noknojon, 10 December 2014 - 08:12 PM.