Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lockbar.exe - System32 Folder Deleted

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Feili

Feili

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:58 AM

I'm not entirely sure on how to remove the lockbar.exe bug/virus on my computer, and I don't know whether to trust this site or not. I assume the System32 folder is required to gain access into the virus, but I deleted the folder. . . . how can I still possibly remove this lockbar.exe problem?

Please reply; all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:48 AM

Hello Feili and welcome to Bleeping Computer!
For a manual uninstall of this virus, please go to the following link:
Removal of the w32.Loxbot.D virus

For the step where you are meant to scan with Norton- please just use your regular anti-virus software (if you do not have one, AVG is a very good free version, which you can download from www.grisoft.com)

Good luck with your reomval of this virus,
Thanks,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:57 AM

but I deleted the folder

Is it still in your recycle bin? Open your recycle bin and restore the folder if possible.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:29 PM

If the members computer has this infection maybe his computer has other infections. Maybe a HijackThis should be done.

Please read this guide before actually doing the procedure
And it has all of the links for downloads you need.

Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Go to the following to post your log file and it will be analyzed by a qualified tech

HijackThis Logs and Analysis
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users