Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After virus removal IE not able to open save or open files from the web.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lawrance77

lawrance77

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:18 PM

After virus removal IE not able to open save or open files from the web.

- I have ran malwarebytes, awdcleaner, comboxfix, and tdsskiller.

- I have check settings in IE to make sure downloading was enabled

- all other browser work fine ... chrome, firefox

- I have taken IE off the machine by turning off IE in windows services via uninstall programs, rebooted and ran ccleaner, then re-enabled IE...still cannot download and save files

- I have rest IE...still same issue.

The only thing other thing I have found online regarding this is that IE may have lost it admin rights or something like that. have any of you ran across this issue before?

I like my new telephone, my computer works just fine, my calculator is perfect, but Lord, I miss my mind! ~Author Unknown

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:29 PM

Hello lawrance,

Generally this is my full I.E. Reset directions >>

This should be done with Internet Explorer open (even if you are having problems with it), not Firefox / Chrome or another browser.

Click Tools or the Gear icon at the top of the browser > Go down the list to click on Internet Options > Go across to the last tab that should be Advanced >  Click on Advanced and then Reset (near the bottom) > You should get a Confirm box pop up > Tick Delete Personal Settings and now Reset.

This last part may be where the infection changed things -

While there > Go back to Connections Tab, and down to LAN Settings. Open this and check that the only box ticked is Automatically Detect Settings, and untick any others. Click OK >Apply if you changed anything and OK again.

Back to the General Tab and make sure your Home Page is entered correctly in the box. Re-set it if not, clock Apply and OK to close out

Once the settings have all been reset, Close that box. Close any other open boxes. Now close I.E. and Reboot your computer.

Let us know if this helped -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users