Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound on my laptop disappears or gets distorted, plus pc freezes too now.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jslim777

jslim777

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:16 PM

Hi,

I didn't use my work laptop for close to 2 months and since then I've been having issues. First, I bought new speakers branded instudio by the source, that's when I've been getting sound problems with my laptop. At first, issue was only on firefox, so I uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it and seemed to fix the problem. But now, since last saturday, whenever I play on chess.com the sounds starts distorting after a minute or so and it effects my whole computer. So sound either disapears or distorts on whatever browser, site, harddrive etc. I reinstalled the sound driver but still the same issue. Also my computer has started freezing on occasion, it has never done that either. My laptop is a dell latitude E5500 with windows 7 pro. Please help me thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 12 December 2014 - 04:34 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jslim777

jslim777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

Any Help?

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:17 PM

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Download Adwcleaner by Xplode from here.
Click on Adwcleaner and hit the Scan button and will begin to search for PUP and malicious files. Once finished click the Clean button.
Copy and paste the log on your next reply.

Scan for Malware using free Malwarebytes
Install then run a quick scan only after updating to the latest definition.Uncheck the trial pro version on setup and remove any found threats after running quick scan. Please post also the result.

Download and install freeSuperantispyware- follow the prompts and complete the update then run a quick scan and remove threats. Post the logs after completed. Uncheck any trial or Pro versions during install.

Download JRT by thisisu from this link.
Make sure to disable your antivirus or any running protection softwares before running JRT to avoid interferences.
For Vista and Windows 7, right-click and Run as Administrator. In XP, double click JRT icon.
Please be patient and let the program finish scanning.
Once finish, a text document will open then copy-paste it on your next reply.

Try clearing your cache files : Free Ccleaner
Ignore the Registry feature of Ccleaner as it is not recommended or needed.

Tekken

#4 jslim777

jslim777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:20 PM

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users