Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

water inside laptop screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 northerner1

northerner1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:32 PM

hello  everyone , i m  new  at  this  so  be  patient . 

my  dauughter  has  a  water bottle  explode in her backpack  with her  computer laptop in it .  the  water  got into  the  screen  and is  still there ..  how  do i  go  about  getting it out .  she  still uses the  computer but  i know i  got to  get the  water out  before there is too much  damage .. any  easy  ways ?  thanks kindly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:53 PM

I think that is mission impossible and would place a bet that you will change screen in few months. You can try not to use, get the battery out and keep it on some dry and worm place for example near radiator for few days.  Maybe someone has better idea. I seen similar problem but with juice , screen never died but the stain on screen left for months.

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#3 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

Nooo, don't put it near a radiator of any sort, being too close to constant heat can actually do permanent damage to the laptop

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#4 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:05 PM

Probably have to replace the screen. Even if you figured out how to tear it down that much, you're not supposed to take apart the actual screen, and I guess if you figured out how it would just destroy it even more.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,118 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:24 PM

Well...how much water are you talking about?  Is it actual water or just fog?

I recently dropped my /mp3 player is some water and the result was condensation on the inside of the screen.  I decided to try heating the oven (300 degrees) and then turning off the burners and placing the player in the oven for about 5 minutes.  Cleared up the condensation.

Louis

#6 northerner1

northerner1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:22 PM

THANKS  EVERYONE  FOR  THE RESPOSES ..  BUT  WE  GOT THE  PROBLEM  SOVED .  WE USED  A  DRY ,CLESN,SOFT  CLOTH ,  KEPT  WIPING IT  FROM  LEFT TO  RIGHT  FOR  ABOUT  5 MIUTES.  LEFT IT OVER NIGHT  CLOSE TO  THE HEAT  DUCT  AND  ...VOILA ..  IT  WAS GONE THE  NEXT  DAY OR  SO .  THANK YOU  ALL  FOR YOUR  HELP

#7 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

Great, good job!   Must have not been as far into the screen as I was thinking. I saw it once where the water was in with the liquid crystals (i guess that's what it is) and it was displacing them lol, like, totally ruined it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users