Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE Explorer 11 Cannot save or open files from the internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lawrance77

lawrance77

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:06 PM

After virus removal IE not able to open save or open files from the web.

- I have ran malwarebytes, awdcleaner, comboxfix, and tdsskiller.

- I have check settings in IE to make sure downloading was enabled

- all other browser work fine ... chrome, firefox

- I have taken IE off the machine by turning off IE in windows services via uninstall programs, rebooted and ran ccleaner, then re-enabled IE...still cannot download and save files

- I have rest IE...still same issue.

The only thing other thing I have found online regarding this is that IE may have lost it admin rights or something like that. have any of you ran across this issue before?

Edited by hamluis, 10 December 2014 - 05:34 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

I like my new telephone, my computer works just fine, my calculator is perfect, but Lord, I miss my mind! ~Author Unknown

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

Not 100% but I would post on Am I infected part of forum. Probably a virus.

You can always try creating new user and testing from there but that ain't some solution.....

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:59 PM

The issue is probably running ComboFix and letting it remove something it should not have..

We need you to repost this issue in a new topic here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and include that ComboFix log.

Let me know if that went well/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users