Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus Suite II: Is it worth installing?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 raptorman

raptorman

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:50 AM

Hi!

I've almost finished my new build. With my old PC I made mistakes installing stuff that I didn't need or ultimately didn't like, allowing extras to be included etc. I was determined not to do that this time.

The ASUS mobo has a support disk with drivers and their Suite II on it. I've loaded the drivers that I need but so far I haven't touched the Suite II software. For my motherboard  I am offered the following:

TurboV EVO; EPU; Remote Go; Wi-Fi Go remote; USB3.0 Boost; Fan Xpert; MyLogo; ASUS update; AI Charger+; System Information and Network-i control.

There's also a host of stuff on the utilities section apart from Suite II, most of which seems to be covered by Suite II apart from DAEMON tools pro.

Has anyone got experience of these devices and if so, would you say they were worth installing...I don't particularly want heaps of stuff running in the background or constantly nagging me for permission to run, offering upgrades etc. I know I have no use for Remote Go, WiFi go remote, Ai Charger+ and Network-i Control, so that just leaves your opinion on the items in blue. Fan Xpert may be redundant with my set-up too, since the 3 case fans are run from the hardware controller.

Here's my build, in case that helps you to offer advice:

Motherboard: ASUS M5 A97 R2.0 full ATX, AMD FM3+

CPU: AMD FX-8350 unlocked

CPU fan: Zalman CNPS 5X

Case fans: 3x Coolermaster Jetflo 120

Fan controller: Akasa FC.Trio

GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia GTX750 Ti

RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3, 1866 MHz 

Hard drives: 2 x 1TB WD blue, 2 x 250GB WD blue

Hard drive controller: Orico HD PW-4101

Case: Coolermaster N300

PSU: Corsair CS550M

Edited by raptorman, 10 December 2014 - 08:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

Asus Suite II is just a waste of space and resources, don't install it. Just install the necessary drivers from the disk, but none of those utilities. All over-clocking, etc, can be done on BIOS instead. I might just choose Fan Xpert, because that's the only good thing out of the whole suite. 

mYIGVc5.png

#3 raptorman

raptorman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:51 AM

Asus Suite II is just a waste of space and resources, don't install it. Just install the necessary drivers from the disk, but none of those utilities. All over-clocking, etc, can be done on BIOS instead. I might just choose Fan Xpert, because that's the only good thing out of the whole suite. 

Thanks for the reply. I'll leave well alone. From past experiences with software, it can be easy to install but the devil's own job to remove thoroughly afterwards. One of the joys of building your own rig for me has been that I don't get lumbered with nasty power hungry software that Dell or other manufacturers insist on shipping with their standard PCs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users