Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Mice Peripheral Issues - 1 in 50 million it seems like

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lukeyslife

Lukeyslife

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:11 AM

Hi everyone,

For far to long I have had some kind of issue with my mice every mouse I try with my pc doesn't feel 100% correct like a mouse should, it's not that the mice don't work at all it's just that when you try any mouse on my pc compared to anyone elses pc; it feels completely different on mine with any mouse and any set-up. The problem seems to be that they just don't track perfectly, it makes the mice feel floaty and as if they don't track by PPI (pixels per inch). This counts for both Windows (7 64bit) itself and any video game.

Now I have created a list of all of the things I have tried to eliminate this problem, I am hoping that you guys may be able to work out what I have missed.

Flashed BIOS
Reinstalled Windows 7
Tried 4-5 Different Mice
Tried 3 Different Mouse Pads
Changed DPI
Changed Polling Rates on Mice
Used MarkC Mouse Fix
Mouse Acceleration is off / enhance pointer precision
Mouse Smoothing is off
Tried various video card drivers
Installed Mouse Drivers
Tried different resolutions
Tried vSync on and off 
Used different USB Ports
Feels the same on desktop and in any game

That may not be everything, but as you can see I have tried a lot of things.
Any help will be fantastic as I have had this issue for too long. I can add more details if you request it.

Many Thanks,

Luke

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,610 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:42 AM

Try the following. Disable USB selective suspend if it is enabled. If that does not help, get or borrow a powered USB hub and try that.

You can also change the power setting for USB root hub in Device Manager under the Power Management tab.

#3 Lukeyslife

Lukeyslife
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

Try the following. Disable USB selective suspend if it is enabled. If that does not help, get or borrow a powered USB hub and try that.

You can also change the power setting for USB root hub in Device Manager under the Power Management tab.

Ok thanks man, I'm guessing a usb powered hub will be fine?

I don't see any problems within device manager about the hubs, however I haven't used a hub before and it is closer to the problem with it being where my peripherals plug in; so I can't rule it out.

thanks for the tip hopefully it may fix it

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,610 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

Yes, get a powered USB HUB. Hopefully it helps.

#5 Lukeyslife

Lukeyslife
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:14 AM

Yes, get a powered USB HUB. Hopefully it helps.

Hi John, it worked! :).

I just want to say a massive thank you for the help you gave me, strange how this works maybe my motherboard is faulty anyway.

Once again thanks so much dude!!!

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,610 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:15 PM

Your Welcome, and thank you for taking the time give an update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users