Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Monitor Issues?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TSKDuncan

TSKDuncan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:46 PM

Hello all! 

I replaced my laptop screen in February. A little bit after that my laptop charger broke and I had to replace it. I gave the laptop to my mom and her boyfriend in order to buy a new charger for me. When I got home the laptop was charging, and I opened it to turn it on and it would not come on at all. 
I looked this up online someone told me I probably needed to release some of the charge from the laptop. This did not work. However the next day I was inspecting the laptop and found I could see the contents of the screen very dimly, only when I shined a light on it. I then guessed that either the back light or the inverter was broken. 
However one day I picked up the laptop from the bottom of the screen and the screen came on but only when I applied pressure to the bottom of the screen. 
I don't understand what's wrong with it and I want to send it away for my brother for Christmas and I don't have time to send it to fix. Also the computer is in perfect working order when I hook it up to an external monitor. 

Model: Asus X55A
WIndows 7
2 GB Ram

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:12 AM

The screen has failed, or the inverter (unlikely).

#3 NACTech

NACTech

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

There is a possibility that the cable that plugs the screen to the motherboard may be loose, I have also seen these cables go bad but it is very rare. I would open up the screen and try reseating the cable before buying a new screen. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users