Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should any of these three errors concern me

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:27 AM

I ran minitoolbox recently to get a general look at my system's "health" and status. It was all fine (atleast nothing was there which looked out of place compared to earlier logs) except there were 3 erros related to drivers and hardware, i'm not sure if i should be concerned about them or utterly ignore them. I haven't experienced any strange problems in my system lately so these issues might be utterly unimportant or they might be something that could get worse over time. the relevant bits from the minitoolbox log are below: The first two are within "system errors"

Edited for privacy by moderators at member's request.

These two might be from a USB device, if thye are then they aren't too worrying as i have an idea about errors which may have happened when i was trying to format a usb device some weeks back, but thye might also be errors on my actual harddrive which is much more scary.

the third is a device error

I have no hardware documentation relating to an "Intel® 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E2D" and no clue what it actually does so don't know if this is an important device like the USB ports or a critical internal component or maybe something unimportant like bluetooth.

As is said other than in the minitoolbox logs i haven't seen anything saying about these errors, and i know computer systems often do have a lot of harmless errors appearing in places like event viewer but as i have never seen errors of these types before i want to know if they are worthy of concern.
Thanks

Edited by quietman7, 07 February 2015 - 04:25 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:32 PM

I still can't work out the causes but when i ran minitoolbox yesterday the device error was no lomger listed, i guess it must have been some bizarre temporary issue. Those system errors are still there but many others(all pretty insignifiacnt i should imagine) have happened since so these errors are "dropping" down the list and out of the most recent 10. No other errors of the same type are listed which have occured more recently than that strange pair.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,863 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:23 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#4 rp88

rp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

The errors in question have dropped down the list quite a way now, the device appears to be working again as there is now nothing showing in the devices section. The log is below, i have highlighted the two particular system errors i mentioned in red, the device problem is no longer listed, it must have sorted itself out. I have some suspicions that those two errors might just be some problems i had with a USB drive, they are logged as happening at around the time at which i remember having trouble with a usb stick.

Edited by quietman7, 07 February 2015 - 04:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users