Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resignation

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:19 PM

I'm sorry to say but as of June 18, 2006 (Father's Day) I am resigning from the introductions here at BleepingComputer. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause for our members.

After a year of doing introductions, I think I have put in enough time for introductions. I have, and will always be thankful for BleepingComptuers members, I just wish I could introduce every single one. Unfortunately I have now got a job and it is consuming me. However, I will still remain a member here at BC just not as active as I once was.

Instead of saying goodbye, I'm just going to say WELCOME TO ALL NEW BC MEMBERS!

Edited by yano, 18 June 2006 - 07:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:43 PM

Its not the post count I learned its the quality of the posts...

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:32 AM

I didn't do it for the post count. I started it when I was still a newbie around here so I could get to meet new people here and become known from the people already here.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:46 AM

I wasnt meaning it that way. I was just saying its about the quality now how often you post here.

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:06 AM

Oh, ok. Yea well I guess now I got the commitment of a job, I won't be able to hang around here that often. I haven't even been in the chat for a very long time... just wish I could spend more time here.

#6 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:14 AM

Hello Yano. What is your new job? We understand that people have their own things they have to do. I have got a new job too actually. I have been working for about a month now. What is it that is so consuming you?

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:23 AM

I am sorry you will not have time to be the "unofficial welcoming committee" of one, Yano, and I want to thank you for making so very many of the new members feel wanted and welcome here at BC.
At the same time, I am happy to know that you will not completely disappear from the BC forums and chat, even though real life is making stronger demands on your time.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#8 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:52 AM

I remember i tried my hand at the introduction forums before, but kinda dropped out of it. I just had too much stuff to do (and too many games to play), and there were way too many new people joining for me to welcome them all. Also, i'm not sure people would welcome a "WELCOME!" from someone named Heretic....

Anyway, i hate to see you leave your post yano. I remember when my introduction thread was replied to very quickly and cheerfully. It did make me feel...... well, welcomed :thumbsup:. Maybe you'll reconsider later and continue putting the initial image of BC back into the eyes of newbies everywhere, lol.

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 19 June 2006 - 10:53 AM.

#9 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:22 PM

I'm currently working at Sears, and I'm working about 25-35 hours a week. But yea real life is becoming too demanding.

Also since it's summer, I like to spend all my free time with my girlfriend, Erin. :thumbsup:

Check my blog to keep up with my forcomings.

#10 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:31 PM

Also since it's summer, I like to spend all my free time with my girlfriend, Erin.

I bet thats more fun than posting welcomes anyways....

#11 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:32 PM

Yea. :thumbsup: I just got to see her only 2-4 times a month during school. And since she is leaving to go to Germany here in September, I want to spend as much time with her before she leaves.

#12 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:30 AM

I hear that yano..... well, all except the "leaving for germany" part. I got to see my female like every other weekend when i was at ncsu, and she was still in high school.

I bet thats more fun than posting welcomes anyways....

Here here!...... or is it "hear hear".....

#13 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:58 PM

Yano.

Great job. Well done. I can't bear to see an intro with 0 replies myself, seems to detract from the spirit of BC.

All the best. Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users