Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop with no PCI Express x16 slot for video card

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 newbyatwork

newbyatwork

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:51 PM

E Machine.  T3990  gateway desktop, 2.93ghz cpu, 2g ram,  Motherboard # 103291 gateway Hazelton, the mobo has no pci e 16x slot for a vidio card only the three standard pci slots, has internal graphics # 82865G   i can no longer play wow with the new expansion / level that just came out, no longer lets me in. says no openGL   i upgraded my drivers still nothing,i downloaded opengl program it worked on other comp. but it has a v card in it, but its so slow cant move in game. anyway it did say theres a way to go in comp & set openGL but i cant locate it,   i would like to know if theres away to run a vidio card with a adapter in the standerd pci slot & will it work,    also if theres a way to bypass opengl so the internal graphics will except it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:51 PM

From what I was able to search you have the D865GVHZ Hazelton Motherboard. Unfortunately it does not even have a AGP slot for a Video card let alone a PCIex16 slot. The motherboard is too old. According to the specs here your graphics chipset it supposed to support OpenGL. Download the latest driver here depending on your OS which should be XP as the graphics chips does not support Windows 7.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=9498&lang=eng&ProdId=1044

Personally, if you can afford it, I would get a new computer. If that is not possible you can get a PCI video card but I don't think you will notice much difference in speed. I believe your computer is just too old.

#3 newbyatwork

newbyatwork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:20 AM

Ok but ive seen alot adapters for mining recently, & looking at new v cards it was mentioned adapters in box,  i noticed the cards also come in different lenghs in the pci express slot,  ive seen 3 different ones that are not interchangeable its crazy,                     Are there any for the standerd pci slot & will it work for gaming.     even if a have to run in externaly,

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:36 AM

Your motherboard only has PCI slots, so you will not be able to use a PCIe card. The best you can acheve is to use the PCI graphics card I linked to.

Have you tried updating your driver?

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:07 AM

you can install a PCI video card, such as this  however, make sure you power supply can handle it (you need a 400 watt or greater power supply, I would recomend somewhere in the 500-550 watt range)

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users