Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound Whatsoever (Speakers, Headphones, etc.)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dxandbatista

dxandbatista

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:46 PM

So I recently switched out the PC I usually use for a new PC I've rarely used that I got a few months ago. I inserted my old GPU and hard drives into the new PC. The speakers were working fine before the switch, but now there is no sound whatsoever. When I mouse-over the volume control in the bottom right corner, it says 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in.'

When I go into the Device Manager, under 'Sound, Video, and Game Controllers', there's only an 'AMD High Definition Audio Device' listed. 

When I right click on the volume control and go into playback devices, I see 6 'Digital Display Audio' with the description of (3- AMD High Definition Audio Device; Not Plugged In). They are all grayed out with a red arrow pointing down for each.

I have no sound card (pulled it out from the old PC because I want to sell it), and I've plugged in the pink/green cords into their corresponding color-coded port on the motherboard's side.

Does anyone see what I may be doing wrong, or may be able to help? Thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:47 AM

I think you need to install the motherboard drivers for the audio. I think the AMD audio device is just the graphics card hdmi port.

#3 dxandbatista

dxandbatista
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, I have an ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo and tried downloading the audio driver from their website. I installed it, restarted, and everything, and the audio still doesn't work; nothing changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users