Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it safe to stay logged into a site if inactive?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Arcticsid

Arcticsid

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

For example, ifI am active on the computer. I would like to stay signed into my email and facebook, as well as my blog dashboard, in case I want to post or receive notifications from these places.

To keep from signing into these sites several times a day, its easier to minimize them. Is there anything wrong with this? With Facebook and it great privacy rules, I am almost afraid that if I stay signed in FB is watching everything else I'm doing. Is it possible?

And what about these check boxes on sites that say "keep me signed in". What does this do and is it related to my above question?

Thanks in advance,

Sid

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:17 PM

The general rule on password protected accounts are simple but depends on certain situations.

> Make sure to sign out when not in use most especially on public computers. Do not choose save password/form when logging for the first time on non personal or public computers.

> Only use auto complete form browser on personal computers (in my case) as it is logon password protected during bootup and when resuming after idle or sleep.

> Certain webmails such as yahoo, Gmail can received email and inbox messages notifications from facebook.

> Keep me logged in is the same as just closing your browser without logging out.

> Read also Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

Edited by jhayz, 10 December 2014 - 09:18 PM.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users