Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard /cpu Sarga.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 newbyatwork

newbyatwork

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:31 PM

Hi, i bought used asus P5Q rev 1.03g,  bios rev 0506,  intel lga 775 core 2 E8400 3.0 ghz. 1333, ddr2  1066,  ok he deleted the harddrive 500gb so after i got it bios was working fine when i put in windows i had defective disc & it only loaded up 80% was stuck in windows setup every restart, couldnt get recovery console out of it so gave up & ordered adapter to reformat it on my older comp is only ide not ata. next time i went to start it up was starting act up & not start up every time, wigle test showed 4 plug power plug was acting up i retabed the prongs nolonger acts up,yes im grounded everytime & draining power after unpluging, i dont remember exactly what seqence it stoped booting, went to the 5-8sec 2sec 2sec cycle, & now its not even trying no more just does the fans spin every 2 sec cycle, i have it striped down to just the mobo & cpu, tryed all the steps in forum reset bois w batt & pin, batt tests 3v, unpluged power & reset botton, started it by mobo jumper still same, tried feeling cpu for heat w h/sink off its stone cold & where its only 2 sec cycle, would that keep it from heating ?  tested the psu all was above specs except the purple wire on 24 plug was -11.88 not -12v idk if thats a issue?, asus web site only has user manual, i cant fint a mobo/cpu schematics & im stuck at this stage. also the psu light blinks during each cycle w/fans is it ok? & my big quistion is it possable to do damage if on this board the  OV-CPU pin for voltage increase settings theres one on top right & one nest to the clrtc /batt   Marked OV-NB, I moved the top pin to left side during a startup, i thought it was for the fan speed its right next to cpu fan plug, read up on it in manual pg, 3-22, where i didnt set both idk if it actavated higher voltage & is my cpu capable for that option, need help to do next test's checking cpu & mobo. the sarga continues.

Edited by newbyatwork, 08 December 2014 - 07:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

..., tried feeling cpu for heat w h/sink off its stone cold & where its only 2 sec cycle, would that keep it from heating ?       

Sounds like CPU isn't gettin' power: If it was gettin' any juice, there would be residual heat, IMO and limited experience.

Could be totally off base....(?)

Edit: Maybe the CPU is dead?

Edited by bludgard, 08 December 2014 - 07:32 PM.

#3 newbyatwork

newbyatwork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

cant i get some help on this topic,   i stated tests im on, i need advice with,  so i can deside if its cpu or mobo, i spent a lot of time on it,  idk if switching the ov-cpu like a stated could have done any damage or is it fool proof,manual pg 3-22has info on it i cant understand it fully,  also did psu test with multimeter -12V is reading -11.88 is that withen range, idk if i can do a draw test with meter i did not see it in manual, should i be geting any wormth from cpu test  with it only doing 2sec cycle spins, how can i test cpu,  i could not find a circit diagram for my mobo to do meter tests only found manual on asus web site, i know im beyond regular problems, would greatly appreciate advice so i can finish this.

#4 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

I mean basically the cpu or the motherboard isn't working. Replace one of them and see? I don't know what else anyone can say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users