Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How about Microsoft Management Console?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Codaeus

Codaeus

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:52 PM

Anyone here had any experience with it? Google failed to find any reviews of MMC. Is it worthwhile or not? Theeldergeek.com seems to like it, so I was thinking of adding it to my security and customization tools, but would like to hear other opinions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:12 PM

Info

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 08 December 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:57 PM

Additional information from MS: Microsoft Management Console - Overview

As for my personal experience. Never heard of it and have no idea what it's capabilities are. Never met anyone suggesting it's use. This is a new one to me.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:07 PM

As I understand (or misunderstand it)...the MMC is merely a reference to various modules within Windows which we all use every day.

"The most prolific MMC component, Computer Management, appears in the "Administrative Tools" folder in the Control Panel, under "System and Security" in Category View. Computer Management actually consists of a collection of MMC snap-ins, including the Device Manager, Disk Defragmenter, Internet Information Services (if installed), Disk Management, Event Viewer, Local Users and Groups (except in the home editions of Windows), Shared Folders, and other tools."

The only time that I generally see a reference to MMC as such...is when Event Viewer kicks out errors which are intended (IMO) to say that essential components of Windows are not working properly...probably, IMO, due to corruption or malware.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users