Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Disk Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flyinlion

flyinlion

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 05:34 PM

Not sure if this is the place for this but here goes.

I'm running XP SP-2 with 2 seperate accounts set up, both with admin privilages. On one account everything is fine but on the other this "No Disk in Drive" error keeps popping up every 2 or 3 minuts. I've seached other places for info and solutions but everything seems to point to specific applications where the problem occurs. With me it just seems to be random, ie. it doesn't seem to matter what you are doing when the popup appears. Browsing the WWW, playing a game or working in any application but only when in this particular account. There is no reference to which drive is being refered to in the popup. This is a very annoying problem, any help is appriciated.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:47 PM

The "No Disk In Drive" Message Window Does Not Close

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;295782

#3 flyinlion

flyinlion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:29 PM

The "No Disk In Drive" Message Window Does Not Close

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;295782

The window does close if I click either cancel, continue or the close window x button. It just pops up again after a minute or 2. I've been through the MS help and support pages but their resolutions always seem to apply to this error message being generated because of a specific reason, i.e on boot up or opening a specific program of application, printing from Adobe or something like that. It happens whether there is a disk in one of the drives, (I have both a DVD, designated "F" and DVD RW, designated "E"), or if they are both empty. Can't remember the last time I used the floppy drive. The closest I came to an answer had to do with renaming the drives but as I am technologically challenged I wasn't sure if this was a good idea for me to start messing around with.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:04 PM

Well there are a lot of answers located thru google, just do a search for "No Disk in Drive" and then go located the one that is best suited to you. This error is one that you can not just look for one specific fix unless you know everything about the error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users