Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WinBook 7" TW700 Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Blue_Two

Blue_Two

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

I bought the tablet at Microcenter a few days ago (Merry Christmas toy early for me!) Seems to work OK, as advertized. The documentation is awful, no hardware or software user guide. For instance, it has HDMI out, but I don't know if audio is available. I added a 16gig card, but I don't know if I can move or install apps onto the card. Anyone else farther down the learning curve?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blue_Two

Blue_Two
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

I bought the tablet at Microcenter a few days ago (Merry Christmas toy early for me!) Seems to work OK, as advertized. The documentation is awful, no hardware or software user guide. For instance, it has HDMI out, but I don't know if audio is available. I added a 16gig card, but I don't know if I can move or install apps onto the card. Anyone else farther down the learning curve?

Update:

I found my HDMI cable and connected to the TV. Sound is included on the HDMI.

#3 Blue_Two

Blue_Two
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

Update:

I found my HDMI cable and connected to the TV. Sound is included on the HDMI.

Update:

There is an undocumented blue LED, I suspect it is a camera indictor. I will check on that.

#4 compile1

compile1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:46 PM

Got winbook as gift, has ZERO operating info. found how to turn on but nothing else, don't know how to get online, no grand kids around to help "}  is there a manual anywhere? just want to get online- very little experence for tech stuff, past 60 "}

#5 Blue_Two

Blue_Two
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

I assume they bought it at Microcenter, you should take it to the tech support center at your local Microcenter store. They are pretty good, they should be able to set you up for a login to your tablet. When you get home, you will need to connect to your home WiFi, so ask them how to do that before you leave. Good Luck!

#6 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

To connect to WiFi, drag in from the right side to pop out the charms menu, then tap the gear at the bottom (settings), then tap the five bars on the bottom left to bring up the list of available wireless networks.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

#7 Blue_Two

Blue_Two
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:11 PM

Update September 2015:

Installed Windows 10 via "Get Windows 10" app. Install went mostly OK, a minor glitch was resolved. WIndows 10 running well for about a month. One major benefit that I have not taken advantage of yet will be to create a recovery USB and delete the old Windows 8 internal recovery partition. That should save a few gigs of internal storage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users