Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

editing photos

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 canaries

canaries

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

can anyone tell me a good site to edit my wildlife photos like enlarging etc as all the sites ive seen are not free thanks /barry /

Edit: Topic moved from Introductions to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:01 PM

GIMP , it is not online but it has almost every option you will ever need for editing photos.

Edited by splico, 09 December 2014 - 09:02 AM.

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:15 PM

Ditto on Gimp here is the link: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ and it is free!

Edited by OldPhil, 08 December 2014 - 01:15 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,983 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:02 PM

I also suggest GIMP, it's not an online service, it's a free program for donload onto your computer. it can do everything photoshop can although(i've never used photoshop so can't judge the comparison) it is rumoured to have a less intuitive interface than photoshop. Enlarging is very easy to do but GIMP will also let you rotate, blur, sharpen, composite, scale, add "alpha" channels to, add pattterns to and alter the hue/saturation/lightness of selected parts of the picture.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#5 canaries

canaries
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:54 AM

many thanks for info I will try same great to know there is some great help out there /barry /

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users