Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rocket Tab virus?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rharper003

rharper003

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

Hi, I don't know if I am posting in the right forum or not.  I believe I was infected by this virus.  I got  it out of my control panel, my Norton caught it as well.  Though I am not sure when or why it came through I just recall getting the notification from Norton.

Now for some reason I went in to msconfig to see what was loading on my start up cause for some reason all the sudden my pc has became very slow and this was not the case prior.  So I go in to see what is loading at start up and I  was unclicking programs that I didn't need to start up and noticed this file it is a list of LONG number starting with: 927F53F4C55C164602E84C06C36464B22EB7B5D9._service_run.............."manufacturer is unkown....command list is -"C:\Users\Rebecca\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"--type=service  Location is- HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run  

Date Disabled--11/16/2014.

I have never seen it there before and I have been in msconfig numerous times and have never seen that till now.  Also if I go over to show hidden icons on my taskbar and click it to open that page there is a Clent.exe.rocketTab and a bcccabebeced.exe listed there as well.  I have no idea how to get those off.

I go into control panel there is nothing there, I see in norton where rocket tab has been quarantined.  I have also read and read other forums on this saying if that is the case I am no longer infected but how can that be true if these files or links or whatever they are called are still showing in certain locations.

I am not a computer guru.  I have read up on the malware programs that your webpage listed but also states I shouldn't mess with it either if I don't have much of an idea of what I am doing.  

So did my Norton not fix this and rid me of it after all?  Am I still infected?  If not, is there no way to get rid of it showing in these locations?  I would feel safer to never see it so therefore I dont feel like I am still really bugged.  Im scared to login to my bank etc not knowing if it is keylogging all my passwords or whatever viruses do to pc's etc etc.  

Also I feel I could still be infected just cause my pc now takes a few moments in between loading each new page I click on, when it never did that before.

Again I'm an idgit when it comes to this stuff, but then again I feel on some level I'm not completely too dumb to try and at least fix it if there is still something I need to fix.  

I hope I have posted in the right place just so you don't think I'm a waste of time to deal with cause I was to dumb to post in the right area =)

Thanks

Rebecca

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users