Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Applying effects for audio file

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dungpt29

dungpt29

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:05 AM

I have just recorded an audio file for translation of a foreign movie. I only used two hardware devices for recording which were an usb microphone and my laptop. The OS being used is the 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium.

The software used to record voice is Adobe Audition 3.0.

I want to make the quality of my audio file as good as possible. But I am not good at using effects provided in Adobe Audition.

Which fundamental steps should I do to get this as desired?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:15 AM

Here is a link about the Audition 3.0 Audio Hardware. The best thing you can do to make sure the quality of your audio is good relies on two items:

1. Decent/Good Sound Card

2. Good Microphone 

You can set your sample rates a bit higher but unless you have decent hardware that you are recording on it wont help much. If I could recommend a simple/cheap fix for either of these issues it would be these two devices:

1. Soundblaster X-FI 5.1 USB Sound Device - This external "Sound Card" will give your recording a bit of a boost from standard laptop plugins as it records at a better qualtiy. Check your laptop model and see what it records at. This one records at 24-bt/96kHz. If your laptop matches that or is better, than you don't need this device. (General Price is around $50.00)

2. CAD U37 Microphone - This microphone is a cheaper "Studio Quality" microphone and can usually be found online with kits that include Pop filters. (General Price is around $50.00)

If you could post what sound card you're are using/is built into your laptop and what microphone you are using.

Edited by gavinseabrook, 08 December 2014 - 12:16 AM.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 dungpt29

dungpt29
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:45 AM

The sound card being used is ATI High Definition Audio Device. The microphone being used is Alctron UM900 Professional USB Condenser Mic.

Temporarily, I am satisfied with the quality of the audio file I have got.

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:13 AM

That hardware is more than enough for good audio quality. 

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users