Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Web Browsing Problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 erik8bcr

erik8bcr

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:52 PM

Sometimes the page was stop loading when using Firefox and caused IE the same problem. I had to restart Firefox so that the problem was fixed. I noticed a suspicious line located at Firefox status bar that said "Transferring data from tongji.baidu.com..." but it didn't show at IE status bar. Is my Firefox hijacked by Baidu? But I checked there were none of any Baidu add-ons installed in my Firefox.

P/S: I'm using Firefox 34.0.5.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:34 PM

Download and run Adwcleaner which should remove baidu from your PC. If you want instructions for usage: Instructions

#3 erik8bcr

erik8bcr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:59 PM

Download and run Adwcleaner which should remove baidu from your PC. If you want instructions for usage: Instructions

I already ran Adwcleaner previously and it could not remove "Transferring data from tongji.baidu.com..." from my Firefox status bar.

Edited by erik8bcr, 08 December 2014 - 10:59 PM.

#4 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:21 PM

Next the I'd try JRT (Junkware Removal Tool) if you haven't already tried it.

#5 erik8bcr

erik8bcr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

Next the I'd try JRT (Junkware Removal Tool) if you haven't already tried it.

I have tried it but it failed to detect the process as shown in screenshot below:

Capture.jpg

Can you tell me where is the location of backup folder of JRT?

#6 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:58 PM

Have you installed anything recently? If so please try uninstalling it/them and delete the setup files. Thisis often the case.

#7 erik8bcr

erik8bcr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:55 PM

Have you installed anything recently? If so please try uninstalling it/them and delete the setup files. Thisis often the case.

You mean I installed 'glk_Safe_DE94DE8_INFO'? I can find it under Programs and Features. By the way, you haven't tell me where is the location of backup folder of JRT.

#8 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

JRT loads from the downloaded file and places a txt document on your desktop. A lot of times when you download a program you get more than the software you intended. Chances are it may have come in bundled software you didn't know you had. Sometimes they give you the option to opt out of installing them at setup but install them anyway even if you say no. I'm suggesting that you check your Programs and Features folder to see if there are any unrecognized programs. If there are and your not sure you can list them here and we'll help you decide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users