Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS POWER SHELL UPDATE!!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Marioo

Marioo

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

Since I bought this computer I have not updated windows power shell 2.0  and as I have  MICROSOFT WEB PLATAFORM INSTALLER  where

I can see all staff  I have downloaded and the updates I have so in this case I have a newupdate for windows power shell which is 3.0. Should I update it. Please ease my mind about!!    Thans!!!

Edited by Marioo, 07 December 2014 - 12:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:40 AM

If you are using powershell and doing a lot of scripting then yes you should update. With new updates they fix security issues, bugs, increase performance, add more stuff etc. So it wouldn't hurt to update. Windows managment framework 4.0 is out now. Read the details for changes and system requirements. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40855

#3 Marioo

Marioo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:00 PM

Sorry .....I have another doubt about.........should I download  windows power shell 3.0 first  and than download  version 4.0....Thankss!!!

As I have read  it comes with v 3.0 update included in it??

Edited by Marioo, 08 December 2014 - 02:08 PM.

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:45 PM

It will include everything up to 4.0

#5 Marioo

Marioo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:19 AM

Thanks a lot!!!

#6 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

No problem have fun :)

#7 Marioo

Marioo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

One more question!!!   How can I update windows power shell 2.0  through  windows update???   Thankss!!

#8 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:30 AM

You can't upgrade it through windows update. Some people have issues installing 3.0-4.0 and some do not. It might have something to do with .net framework. I am not sure if Microsoft is even aware of it. With Windows 8 and 10 they put Win7 on the back burner it seems. They may put out another service pack including the new power shell who knows.

Edited by technonymous, 11 December 2014 - 05:38 AM.

#9 Marioo

Marioo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:23 AM

It is all right now......I have the latest net framework version intalled.  I have MICROSOFT WEB PLATAFORM INSTALLER  and it gives to me a list of all software installed and there is  windows power shell version 3.0 avaiable and no prerequesite necessery for download. I am in doubt because never did such thing before and it is fine that you keep always doing the latest updates........Thankksss!!!

Edited by Marioo, 11 December 2014 - 08:26 AM.

#10 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:08 AM

Yeah, some updates may not even show up until you install the right software, then it mysteriously shows up. By the sounds of it the web platform installer included PS 3. Which is good. Glad you got it all worked out anyway. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users