Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

proxy server settings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tombalb

tombalb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:49 AM

The only browser I can browse with is Firefox, but other browsers (ie,& Chrome)keep giving proxy server connection errors. I've changed system proxy server settings but they keep getting reset to 127.0.0.1 port 8800.

Can't get to email (Hotmail)

Ran Malware bytes found lots of trash(Malwarebytes can update) cleaned it up but still can't change system proxy server settings.

Any ideas?

Frustrated.

Tom.(1st. post to this forum.)

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:55 AM

I think you should go to "Am I infected" part of forum and post there. This sounds like some virus problem.

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#3 tombalb

tombalb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:59 AM

Thanks, I'll look there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users