Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new OS older printer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mr_pickls69

mr_pickls69

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

hello, my mother bought a new computer with windows 8 installed

she has a HP office jet all in one 6500 printer.  I was setting up the computer and when i went to set up the printer with the installation cd, it wouldnt install because the installation cd works with only xp and vista.  does she have to buy another printer that works with windows 8 or is there a driver that i can find on hp site.  And if there is a driver how would i go about installing it on her computer? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

HP has driver called universal HP printing and it should work when there is no other driver for specific OS you use. As for scanning options and full features to work if there is no Windows 8 drivers here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3795406&

You can try installing Vista driver in Compatibility mode.

Edited by splico, 07 December 2014 - 08:32 AM.

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:17 AM

...or is there a driver that i can find on hp site.  And if there is a driver how would i go about installing it on her computer? 

Did you check for a Windows 8 driver at HP?  You have to double-click the driver for it to install.

#4 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 487 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

Welcome to BC!

Drivers for Windows 8/8.1 are available for your printer.

Visit this link
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-search.html?tab=1#!

Use the search term: office jet 6500 aio printer

5 matxhes will be found.

Depending on your series, click the + sign and choose the specific model.

Choose your Operating System from the dropdown menu and download the software for your printer.

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

#5 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

Had the same prob.with my HP all-in-one.Go to there website and you can download from there.Also,I saved the download for future in case I had to reinstall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users