Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not getting email alerts?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blueballs

blueballs

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:37 AM

Ive never been able to get email alerts when I post here for some reason? Ive bought this subject up a few times before but nothing seems to come back about it? Is this normal and nobody gets email alerts if someone has answered your post or a post your following?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 07 December 2014 - 01:41 PM.
moved from Website Development to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:02 AM

When you look in upper right corner of this site you will notice your username. Click on it then select Content / Follow. From there you can change email notification preferences for certain topic. Under My profile /  Notification options there is also some settings that can help you.

Edited by splico, 07 December 2014 - 08:03 AM.

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#3 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

Like splico said look in the upper right corner click on your user name.

Click 

My Settings

select

Email & Password

Confirm the e-mail address that is populated there.

Do not make any changes there unless you know your password

You can go to your own (that email) dashboard check your spam filters and folders to make sure that the email was not mistakenly marked as spam.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

Under My profile /  Notification options there is also some settings that can help you.

If you go to My Profile you will have to click on Edit My Profile. Then choose Notifications.

Or from the drop down arrow next to your name choose My Settings/Notifications.

Check what you want to be emailed to you.

Make sure to click Save Changes when done.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:15 PM

In addition to all the good suggestions made. Be sure to set your notifications to Immediate. Thats the least buggy method of notification.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users