Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ipad mini

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 teresa74

teresa74

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:13 PM

I have read on line and am trying to get my new ipad mini connected to my wifi at home. I can't get it to work. I have read tons on line and have tried everything they have told me. Would someone please help me?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 06 December 2014 - 11:22 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:17 AM

What happens when you try to connect to your wifi?

Gavin Seabrook

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:30 AM

Did you upgrade to 8.1.1? 

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 teresa74

teresa74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:32 AM

It says "unable to connect" All of our other devices connect easily. i just bought this ipad mini and i have had an iphone forever, all the way from a 3 to a 6 and they have all worked fine and have all connected.....

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:12 AM

Some Ipads and Android devices are not new to these unable to join or connect to wifi problems on different router models or access points. I've even had to use static IP address but it just won't connect. But what is most puzzling is it works before so it might be a software update or it just suddenly decided to get buggy as I gave up tinkering. Have not tried to confirm though is using a Virtual Host Network temporarily on a laptop connected by wifi and using it as an access point as instructed here to confirm and verify if it worked or not. Have also tried these steps just in case with regard to the error message.

Tekken

#6 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:52 PM

You may want to also go under your settings>general area and your should see some options to reset network configurations/settings. Try that and then attempt to reconnect to the network.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users