Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Path For Verizon Email "bcc"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:37 PM

Hi, I would like for someone who uses Verizon email to give me the exact path for enabling "Bcc" for Verizon email. It is for a dear friend who is not computer friendly. Thanks in advance.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:11 PM

From Outlook?
Start a new message, then just add the BCC line. It's on the View menu.

From Verizon server netservices.verizon.net?
I dunno. I always see BCC there when I begin to compose.
That server & mail are most unfriendly, as you probably noticed. I thought under options I'd find something for you, but nothing there :thumbsup: The Help? button in the right corner of the composing window says this: "If you want to copy or blind copy any other recipients, type their email addresses in the CC: and BCC: fields."
But no instructions how to turn it on if it is not there.

There's some blurb about Formatting toolbar, but I never saw any formatting toolbar, it must be some kind of vaporware. Probably a wrong place anyway.

#3 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 12,597 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:26 PM

I thought it would be something simple. I am sure that she can't see the Bcc address line. I tried to find something on the net but without subscribing to Verizon I couldn't. Not even in Google images. She has had such bad experiences with Verizon support she is gun shy about contacting them. Thanks for trying. If you find more info please let me know. She is l500 miles away and uses Mac so I can't log on either.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:35 PM

ok, I'll try looking some more tomorrow.
Considering how devoid of features Verizon mail is, how difficult it's to do the simplest things on that server, perhaps you can help her setup google mail or yahoo. They really are easier to use, mail windows are bigger, the list is more readable and they're faster.

#5 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:08 AM

Well, I found at least one place for you:
If the BCC line is still not in the Compose windows, click on Address book (links/menu on the left side of the screen).
List of addresses comes up, where you can checkmark the people to whom the mail is intended.
The list has several columns: To, CC, BCC, email addresses. So, put checkmarks in To and BCC, write the mail, send it, see what happens. It worked for me just few minutes ago when I sent mail to myself at work, with a blind copy to my yahoo address. It worked as it should.

It's possible that once BCC is selected, by use of the Address book, it'll stay put in the Compose window, perhaps that's why I see it always and she does not.

#6 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 12,597 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:14 AM

Thanks ever so much! I am going to send her the info right away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users