Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Build 7601 "This copy of windows is not genuine"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SIMMS156

SIMMS156

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

The subject line recently appeared in the bottom right corner of my now solid black desktop. There have also been some error messages associated with this problem. Please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

Have you tried to activate the Windows install?

Louis

#3 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

He could start elevated CMD with administrator rights and execute : SLMGR -REARM for removing message instantly but that is not the permament solution.

If you get “Error 0xc004d307 : The maximum allowed number of rearms has been exceeded” after entering command then I am sorry. If you have original Windows and sure about that, give a call to Microsoft support for activating windows over phone if over the internet not working for some reason. Simply right click My computer and check on the bottom can you activate but IF you are using pirated copy of Windows don't call them.

Edited by splico, 06 December 2014 - 10:06 PM.

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#4 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:14 AM

First just try rebooting. I have seen this happen after a boot-time virus scan (for some reason) and then rebooted and it went away.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:50 AM

...but IF you are using pirated copy of Windows don't call them.

Just wanted to point out that using pirated software is against the forum rules and personnel using such...will not be assisted in their efforts.

Excerpt fromt the forum rules:  "No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

Louis

#6 haycg

haycg

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:32 PM

Product Key -- Activate Windows

Start -- control panel -- at the right top corner in the search slot type -- activate windows -- at the left top a list. Left click activate windows. It will tell you quick. And let you know if you can update Windows. ----------- On the back of your laptop is your Product Key. See if it finds what jelly bean finds. Use the free download. Called Key Finder in your download section. Documents -- left column Download -- https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

Jelly Bean list the product key as CD Key Don’t use the one with OEM in the number. ------------------------------

Start -- type -- cdm -- click Enter -- type slui.exe 3 -- space before 3 when typing -- Press the Enter key -- Read before you enter your key.

You can enter your product key here but I would not do so without talking to Microsoft first. If left blank and click next you may only have 30 days before your computer shuts down  Not sure about the shut down.

Edited by haycg, 07 December 2014 - 12:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users