Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD when running any torrent programs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 neij3

neij3

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

Good day. I've been trying to figure this out on my own but with no luck. BSOD after few minutes of running any torrent programs (tried switching from utorrent to bittorrent). 

Here are some of the report that I encountered:

Minidump: http://www.mediafire.com/download/z5c5lt885g8dxba/minidump.rar

Speccy: http://www.mediafire.com/view/esfxps26s8kwqnv/Speccy.txt

MinitoolBox: http://www.mediafire.com/view/qu6ig6tqadweg57/MinitoolBox.txt

I hope these files can help me figure out the problem that causes those blue screens.

Thank you for your time. Cheers!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

Would you be kind and run software WhoCrashed and post the log here?

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#3 neij3

neij3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

Thank you for your reply.. here is the report from WhoCrashed

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 6/12/2014 7:00:20 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120714-93007-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (0xFFFFF8800151C6FD)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800151C6FD)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\netio.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Network I/O Subsystem
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 6/12/2014 7:00:20 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (NETIO!RtlCopyBufferToMdl+0x1D)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800151C6FD)
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 6/12/2014 6:40:20 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120714-63913-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (0xFFFFF880014106FD)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880014106FD)

On Sat 6/12/2014 6:29:10 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120714-47346-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (0xFFFFF880015736FD)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880015736FD)

On Thu 4/12/2014 2:13:13 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120414-58297-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (0xFFFFF880014106FD)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880014106FD)

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:15 PM

Just an obxervation...most, if not all, of the netio.sys BSOD topics I've seen during the past year...wound up in one of our malware forums.

Louis

#5 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:18 PM

Agreed with Louis. Maybe just try updating network drivers which I doubt is the couse for the reasons Luis pointed.

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.

#6 neij3

neij3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

I hope you dont mind sending me the link for the said forum.. Im pretty new at this sorry.

#7 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:43 PM

You don't have to immediately post in Marlware Removal Logs, which is the forum link splico posted.

The average wait time there is 5 days, due the sheer number of new logs being posted.

You can opt to post in Am I Infected. Help there is generally quicker to receive. Someone will work with you to explore the possiblity of malware by suggesting specific tools to scan your computer. IF more advanced tools are needed, which are not allowed in Am I Infected, your AII helper will direct you to the prep guide for Malware Removal Logs.

It is your choice where to post.

IF YOU DECIDE TO POST IN MALWARE REMOVAL LOGS

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

No matter which one you post in, please return to this topic and post a link to your new malware topic.

Your other option is to wait for others to chime in about this issue before you explore the possibility of malware.

#9 neij3

neij3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

Thank you so much for your help.. I will take your advice and try on Am I Infected first.. Thank you once again.

Edited by neij3, 06 December 2014 - 10:02 PM.

#10 neij3

neij3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:02 PM

here is my new topic under Am I Infected: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558905/bsod-minutes-after-running-torrent/

#11 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:05 PM

Since there is a new topic regarding this issue posted in Am I Infected, this one is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users