Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DeLL Optiplex 780 SFF Case Upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Buck Rogers1609

Buck Rogers1609

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:05 PM

I just installed a new video card in my Dell Optiplex SFF,and everything works great, but the measurements I was given for the video card are way off and it is bigger than I expected. It's sticking  at least 2-3 inches out of the computer case which makes it impossible to put the top cover back on.  I've been looking around for a new case, but I'm not sure which ones are compatible. My main concern is the front power button, earphone and usb port, because they are all connected as one piece. Any suggestions would  be much appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard CPU Type:  Dual Core Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

Motherboard Chipset: Intel Eaglelake Q45

Manufacturer Dell Inc. Product 03NVJ6

Chassis Type: Space-saving

3000._24005F00_57.JPG8880.items_5F00_tp004.jpg5165.Dell-Optiplex-755-SFF_5F00_2_2D00_7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:20 PM

Maybe I am wrong but I think there is no chance you will manage to fit brand name motherboard in any different case. Every time I tried that some problem would show as non standard motherboard screw positions, non standard connectors and etc. Not saying that you cannot do modifications to other case and do that but is it worth of time and trouble?

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#3 Buck Rogers1609

Buck Rogers1609
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:16 PM

Maybe I am wrong but I think there is no chance you will manage to fit brand name motherboard in any different case.

I was afraid that I was going to hear this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users