Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

community e-mail news letter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 smink

smink

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

I live in a small senior community and  the Board of Directors is looking for a way to send email announcements of upcoming events to our 230 residents. Our provider is ATT- uverse (yahoo mail). Thus far I have tried Outlook, and Mail Chimp. All 3 have rejected the mail. Does anyone have a clue how I can do this.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 December 2014 - 06:33 PM.
moved from General Chat to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:02 PM

I cannot be certain but I think the problem is that your ISP is seeing 230 addressees and is saying 'Whoa - Spam!'.

I presume you are trying to use some form of group mailing and have 230 addresses at the top of the e-mail. It might be worth contacting your ISP's service department to see if there is any way around this, or if they have an upper limit on the number of addressees allowed on an e-mail. If they do have an upper limit - say 50 - you may just have to set up five groups and send the e-mail out five times.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

Yahoo Mail has recipient limits, but unhelpfully, it won't state what they are. However, if you do exceed the limit, they do notify you. In the case of ATT Uverse, which uses Yahoo Mail, there is a limit of no more than 100 recipients per email. One way around this may be to set up a Yahoo Group.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users