Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

flash player crashes when switching farms

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 benbrown1428

benbrown1428

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

Hey guys, How are you? I have a client that is running xp pro with 1.79 hz processor speed and 3.8 gig of ram. THE ONLY thing she uses this comp for is FACEBOOK; more importantly FARMVILLE. I have tweaked this thing according to zynga and it will not load at all, take it back to default google settings and it works better; have stripped the comp of any programs that she does not use, clean the caches and all the regular stuff. Of course finances are bad for her; so I do this for free. I have never taken the "bleeping comp" approach and would like to submit this for answers. I have been very impressed with this site and hope that someone will take me under their wing and solve this.

By the way, the error message is flash player has stop working/ reload or quit. If you let it set a minute, it will continue, slowly loading. If she switches farms (farmville is foreign to me) then the flash player will freeze, a funny puzzle piece comes up with a frown and says that flash has failed, must restart. Close the browser and reopen and it will slowly load.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:23 PM

Try with this settings:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337

You can do same with right click on any flash content and click on Settings then Disable hardware acceleration

Edited by splico1985, 06 December 2014 - 04:25 PM.

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#3 benbrown1428

benbrown1428
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:55 PM

splico1985,

Wow, that made a difference. Load speed is the same, but not crashing anymore. I will have her "test" this tonight and see how it goes. What does disable hardware acceleration do, per se? I am making a huge effort to understand the changes, not just make them. I am blown away by this site. Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Ben

#4 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

You simply told the flash video not to use GPU for rendering.

On Windows, you can also disable hardware acceleration by adding the line DisableHardwareAcceleration=1 to the Flash "mms.cfg" file, as suggested in this Adobe forum thread. The mms.cfg file is located here:

(Windows 32bit) C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash (Windows 64bit) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Instead of disabling hardware acceleration in Flash, you could try updating your graphics drivers, to see if that resolves the issue. Probably problem is lack of preformance with GPU in that PC.

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#5 benbrown1428

benbrown1428
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:32 PM

Thank you. all drivers updated, fresh clean installs of chrome and flash, comp stripped to bare bones. I tell her that we are asking a GEO to perform like a porsche, but to her all pc's are the same. Some are just portable. I just swapped between farms about 7 times, only crashed once, so big improvement.

Thanks again,

Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users