Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malicious ProBytes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DockH

DockH

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

Writing this from my iPad since my Dell Inspiron is totally hijacked by a Trojan-BNK.W32.Keylogger.gen.
Cannot download and running CCleaner from my USB drive also failed. Is there another way to get into the systme to kill this thing ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_LighthouseParty_*

Guest_LighthouseParty_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:43 PM

Hello there,

Since this is a trojan we're dealing with here, more advanced tools are going to need to be used.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

#3 DockH

DockH
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:20 AM

Followed instructions. Never got Safe Mode working. Ran Normal Start then Ran RKill, iExplore from USB. Then downloaded Malwarebytes and Antii virus. Ran scan twice. Then ran a McAfee scan. It showed several infections still remaining. Ran MBAM again.
Windows then started went to Advanced Options but automatically selected Normal and proceeded to start up. So I ran SuperAntiSpyware for extra measure and it cleaned up 8 items and rebooted. I am not a pro techie as you can tell. My laptop appears to be back to normal. One thing I think helped was jumping right from the RKill message to download Malwarebytes before virus could recapture the browser. Maybe that does not make technical sense but previous attempts were slow because I kept stopping to read the instructions and then the virus alerts would open and close out acess to the browser. SuperAntispyware now running this AM finding adware tracking cookies 62 items so far. Now I have to select best protection services for Windows XP until I replace it or buy an Apple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users