Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can anyone help?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shaunm81

shaunm81

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:15 AM

okay heres the situation  I have a dell all in one windows 7 computer.   I just purchased norton antivirus it says it is removing stuff but what I need removed it is not.  I am having a issue with spyware,malware and other stuff im assuming.  previously I used microsoft security essentials,avg,avast all of those free programs and never had much luck.  anyhow every time I go to search a web page I get videos that pop up and links to stuff and all kinds of stuff.   I am new here and havent really messed with computers much but im not sure what to do here as this stuff seams to be taking over my computer.  anyone have any ideas? suggestions?  I know all in ones arent that good im not real crazy about the thing myself but for the time being this is all I have to use.  also once in a while a little wheel will pop up and spin and a webpage will like freeze and then sometimes it give me a choice to wait on it to respond or close but neither of those seems to matter.  sometimes it will not come unfroze and  I have to wait a long while before it is done.  anyhow any help would be great thanks

Edited by hamluis, 06 December 2014 - 12:35 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 znop

znop

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:29 AM

Without making you jump thru hoops and whatnot...  Try doing a system restore.

#3 Guest_LighthouseParty_*

Guest_LighthouseParty_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

Hello there      :welcome:

I'm LighthouseParty and I'll be assisting you with your concern today. Let's run a couple of scans to see what could be causing this.

:step1: Download MiniToolBox

1. Click here to download MiniToolBox to your desktop.
  2. Double click MiniToolBox.
  3. Select the following and then press go.
  4. Post the log in your next reply.

Flush DNS

Reset IE Proxy Settings

Reset FF Proxy Settings

List Installed Programs

List Restore Points

:step2: Install and run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  1. Click here to download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
  2. Double click mbam-setup-x.x.x.xxxx and follow the on-screen instructions.
  3. On the dashboard, click update now.
  4. After that, click scan now - the scan will now begin.
  5. When the scan's completed, select apply actions - make sure the action is quarantine.
  6. Restart your computer.

How to get the log.

1. On the dashboard, select the history tab and click application logs.
  2. Select the log which has the time and date of when you did the scan.
  3. Click copy to clipboard and paste it into your reply.

:step3: Download Security Check

1. Click here to download Security Check to your desktop.
  2. Double click SecurityCheck and follow the on-screen instructions.
  3. A log should open, called checkup.txt.
  4. Please post the contents of it in your next reply.

Thanks and good luck!

#4 haycg

haycg

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

When you download they try and will add extra junk that causes popup. Always click Custom or maybe even Skip. They will add Search Bars. These can be removed in -- Start button -- control panel -- program and features -- click and uninstall if you don’t want them. --------------- For Internet Explorer -- at the top -- Tools -- Internet Options -- Advance Tab -- at the right bottom -- Reset -- click APPLY . ---------------------  Open Internet Explorer and in a clear place at the top right click -- new popup -- put a check mark for menu and also for any other bar you want. A check mark for menu allows your Favorites to show.  --  Next open Internet Explorer -- Tools Tab -- Manage Add on -- Disable or Remove what you don’t want. Disable on your lower right.
--------- Download Ccleaner and use about every 2 months.
=============================================================
Open Internet Explorer -- Tools -- Popup blocker --Popup Blocker Setting -- You have 3 choices -- Low -- Medium -- High -- choose and Close. Learn to use. When set on High a yellow bar may come up at the bottom -- Allow once or Allow Always when you want a certain web site. 
=============================================================
Defrag your computer -- Start Button -- open computer -- Right click C drive -- properties -- Lower right -- Disk Cleanup --  Next at the top Tools Tab -- Defragment now -- learn to use.----------- Keep your Anti Virus updated.  What I’m giving is just to keep your computer working.  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start -- control panel -- open icon -- Backup and Restore -- Upper left side -- Create a system repair disc. It says DVD but a CD is OK -- follow directions. 2 ways to use. 
1. Repair Disc in your tray -- turn your computer off -- as soon as you press the power button to turn on be ready and start tapping the F8 key-- Computer repair will be first on the list.
2. When you normally turn your computer on you get a startup list for about 2 seconds. One of the things it gives is the key to start tapping when you press the power button to bring of the Boot Menu. 
When the Boot Menu loads you use the arrow keys to select CDDVD -- put the Repair Disc in the Tray and Close -- You than press the Enter key and WAIT for it to load. 
For now skip the driver part and click next. This Repair Disc can fix what’s wrong with your computer without you doing anything. Very simple to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users