I just want you to be comfy and not give up too quick with this. How are you going, as a few extra links are here. Before you begin
For general information about service packs, go to the Service Pack Center webpage on the Windows website.
For technical information about SP1, such as release notes and the SP1 deployment guide, go to the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 resources webpage on the Microsoft TechNet website.
As always, please keep us informed.
The items above are if you got stuck, and then to turn on Auto - Updates, as you will have missed a few.from SP1.
Keep me informed, as I have a few other topics that I am looking after.
A quick cleanup often helps also -
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes
Please Copy / Paste the small log back here.
Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
- Download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the Scan button (only once)
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Report button only once for accuracy.
- A report (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for your review.
- Check the listed removals and see if you are OK with them.
- If you have questions, post the Report log back here.
- Click on the Clean button only once for accuracy
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK finally to allow AdwCleaner to Restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- After rebooting, a log report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
Copy and Paste the contents of that log in your next reply.
Note: With most Adware / Junkware / PUPs it is strongly recommended to deal with it like a legitimate program and uninstall from Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. In many cases, using the uninstaller of the adware not only removes the adware more effectively, but it also restores any changed configuration. After uninstallation, then you can run specialized tools like AdwCleaner and JRT to fix any remaining entries they may find.
Please keep Malwarebytes and can you Update it, and run a scan. See below. This is "general" or for those without it installed -
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware If installed, please update it.
- Follow the simple directions to install the program to desktop
- Right click and choose "Run as administrator" to open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and from the Dashboard please Check for Updates by clicking the Update Now... link
- Open up Malwarebytes > Settings > Detection and Protection > Enable Scan for rootkit and Under Non Malware Protection set both PUP and PUM to Treat detections as malware.
- Click on the SCAN button and run a Threat Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking the Scan Now>> button.
- If you find malware and tick it to remove it, you may be asked th re-boot the computer to finish cleaning.
- Once completed please click on the History > Application Logs and find your scan log and open it and then click on the "copy to clipboard" button and post back the results on your next reply.
Once you post those 3 sets of logs, please run this Temp File Cleaner.
Please download Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer
Usage Instructions:[list]1.Download TFC from the download link above and save the file on your desktop.
2.Close ALL running applications as TFC will terminate them before attempting to clean up the temporary files.
3.Double-click on the TFC icon.
4.When the program opens, click on the Start button. TFC will terminate the Explorer process and all running applications and then begin the process of cleaning out all of your temp folders.
5.When done, press OK > Exit, and reboot your computer and finish the cleanup..............
Note: After removing temp files, the computer may show to be slow than usual, but it will improve once the cache is rebuild.
Thank You -