Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Introduction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EvaJohnson

EvaJohnson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

Hello, bleeping community. I was instructed to introduce myself and I'm attempting to toe that line. But I've been trying to repair this used Dell Latitude D620, running Windows 7 pro, that K-Tek Computers (outta Georgetown, TX -- anybody had the pleasure?) sold me, neglecting to tell me that the pc hasn't successfully installed an update for several years. I've been working almost 24/7 for the past week and the last 18 hours straight without sleep. So, if this is an inappropriate introductory post please forgive me ... I'm feeling rather punchy, if you know what I mean. Any how - I'm a novice user whose old enough to have been raised raised by Analogs but I'm trying to channel my inner Geek. I need help, for sure.

I'll return and seek that Geek -- but first, some long overdue sleep.

Later,

EvaJohnson

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:18 PM

Hi EvaJohnson, and Welcome to BC! 

Very sorry to hear about your issues...I have not had the pleasure of K-Tek, but I will be sure to avoid them!! Let us know if you have any questions, and yes...you will definitely find the best and most qualified help and advice available here on BC. Get some rest! 

:welcome:

#3 EvaJohnson

EvaJohnson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:45 AM

Thanks for the welcome, Stolen - the site is impressive (read: intimidating) and I certainly need to learn how to drive this old clunker - although I believe (I'd knock on wood, but all I see is plastic) I have managed to fix the issues that were troubling my laptop - but I cheated ... I managed to get MS support and they were unusually kind and charitable, walked me through the process. I finished at about 9:pm Saturday evening. So far, so good. As far as questions, I have plenty of questions but I'm sure most of them have already been asked and answered and await me in the forums. I mean, I'm wondering things like, "What is RAM?" And, "what is this little round, rubber button nestled between the G, H, & B on my keyboard!"  I'm actually frightened to push it--seen too many cartoons! But I'll get the hang of it. Thanks again, Stolen. Oh yeah, should I change my user name to something less like mine and more like yours? I feel sorry for the poor Emoticonians, though. They work so hard at such mindless labor (it's all they can get), and for virtually nothing. I support a path to citizenship. See you soon.

Edited by EvaJohnson, 07 December 2014 - 08:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users