Excel cannot open the file " " because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches.
Files got corrupted at time of virus removal. also have and use Carbonite backup if that helps.
- Open MS Excel in your system.
- Click on File tab > Open. Or press Ctrl+O.
- Locate the corrupted XLSX file and select it.
- Click on the arrow shown beside the Open button.
- Click on Open and Repair in the list.
Still wont open files, any help would be appreciated
Edited by hamluis, 06 December 2014 - 09:03 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.