Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen / can't back to the onboard VGA

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Diref

Diref

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

Hello guys,

i overclocked my 2nd grafic card and i think she is dead (when it boot it shows "check signal cable" on the screen) , so i unplug it and plugin the VGA cable to the onboard VGA but it shows nothing on the screen even the "check signal cable" text is disapeared !!

i tried to reset the bios by removing the CMOS battrey and jumper but it does'nt work :/

plz tell me if there is any other solution and sorry for my english :)

Biostar
mother boared : G31M+ version 6.1
prossesor : intel Core 2 Duo
monitor : samsung SyncMaster B1930N

previous grafic cards "dead" :
Nvidia geforce 220
Nvidia geforce 210

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

Welcome.

Have you tried booting into safe mode? This will allow you to delete/uninstall the drivers for the graphics card that is no longer in the system and let the default VGA drivers do their thing.

Keep us posted

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Diref

Diref
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:26 AM

thnx :)

i can't boot in safe mode cuz there is no display in the screen i tried reseting the bios physicly by remouving the jumper but that doesn't solve the problem :/

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,177 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

Do you have the installation disk so you can boot from that - it would load the default graphic drivers?

Keep us posted

Dick

Dick E

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

will it go to the BIOS screen, and did you remove the video card before hooking onto the onboard graphics. Its very possible its set to go to the dedicated card first if theres one in the slot-and disables the onboard if theres a dedicated card in the slot, even if that card is not working.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#6 Diref

Diref
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:30 AM

yes i tried :)

no there is no card in the slot :)

#7 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:37 AM

Did you just remove the jumper or did you move it to the reset jumpers and then back? Also a test to make sure your processor is working properly, remove all memory from the computer and power it on. If you get 3 beep code then you know your processor is working fine. 

Gavin Seabrook

#8 Diref

Diref
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:32 AM

yes i did it correctly :)

i remouved all the memory from the computer but i don't get any beep code when i boot what does it mean ?!

Edited by Diref, 08 December 2014 - 07:37 AM.

#9 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:45 PM

Means more than likely your processor has gone out. Sometimes places allow you to take it in to test them. If not you can always get a new one.

Gavin Seabrook

#10 Diref

Diref
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:17 AM

ok thnx :) i'm buying a new PC just i wanted to copy some files from the HDD i'll find another way !

#11 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,177 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:03 PM

Save the HDD. You can slave it into the new box long enough to get your files. In fact, if the drive is good, keep it for extra storage or to be able to create a dual / multi boot system.

Dick

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users