Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

transfer from the copy of windows 7 to the ORIGINAL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 happydz

happydz

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

hi everyone

I've installed a windows 7 on my computer, but sometimes I see a thing in the right down corner «Windows 7 build 7601 This copy of Windows is not genuine». could you please tell me how to get this message disappear, any idea???

BM2dZ2.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

It is against forum rules to post such a software as I bealive. But the name of the software that could do that is Microsoft Toolkit and it is illegall to use it and not advisable couse you never know will you install malware with it.

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#3 happydz

happydz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

It is against forum rules to post such a software as I bealive. But the name of the software that could do that is Microsoft Toolkit and it is illegall to use it and not advisable couse you never know will you install malware with it.

thank you

splico1985

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:31 PM

This message can be a false positive and the only way to resolve it is to give MS a ring, normally a free call. You will need to have your COA - that 25 long alpha-numeric string - handy when you make the call.

Of course if you know the copy you have is pirated, then there is no point in making the call and the only advice I can give is to install a genuine copy.

The known perils of using pirated copies include a highly increased vulnerability to malware and an absence of security updates.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 happydz

happydz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:46 AM

thank you Moderator for this information

I have purchased a new latop (toshiba satellite) windows 8 original pre-installed, I wanted to repartition my hard disk so to make multiple partitions (D,E,F,...) but, without intention, I have deleted the recovery partition, so after the restarting, the laptop stuck and couldn't launch the windows properly. When I took the laptop to the repairor to have it fixed, he told me that I lost THE ORIGINAL WINDOWS 8, and there's no possible way to recovere since I have delete the partition recovery, so he has to install windows 7 PIRATED.
Now I wondered if there is a way to recover the recovery partition from toshiba company, if I give them the laptop information just to prove that I have bought their original product.
P.S:
 I still have all the information for the laptop ( product code, serial number, lan mac, wlan mac ean code)
thank you in advance

Edited by hamluis, 07 December 2014 - 09:58 AM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#6 splico

splico

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:41 AM

Isn't it the Windows 8 serial number stored somewhere in BIOS? Installing Windows 8 same version you had, should pass activation. Somebody correct if I am wrong.

Edited by splico, 07 December 2014 - 07:41 AM.

"Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?"

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:05 AM

thank you Moderator for this information

When I took the laptop to the repairor to have it fixed, he told me that I lost THE ORIGINAL WINDOWS 8, and there's no possible way to recovere since I have delete the partition recovery, so he has to install windows 7 PIRATED.

Now I wondered if there is a way to recover the recovery partition from toshiba company, if I give them the laptop information just to prove that I have bought their original product.
P.S:

I still have all the information for the laptop ( product code, serial number, lan mac, wlan mac ean code)
thank you in advance

Since you posted in the Win 7 forum and the Win 7 version you use is illegal....we will not be able to assist you with that.  It is a direct violation of forum rules.

"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

As to your question of restoring Win 8 to the system...that question should be answered in either the Win 8 forum or by the system manufacturer.